It is expected that children will come to school appropriately dressed. School uniform is now compulsory and we are confident that parents/carers want their children to feel part of our community. Wearing school specific clothing helps this process.
Our policy for dress is designed to be:
- appropriate for school activities
- supportable by all concerned – parents, carers, pupils, staff and governors
- encouraging of community spirit and identity
- easily obtainable, maintainable and inexpensive
There is a common list for boys and girls, appropriate for both summer and winter wear.
- White polo shirt or shirt
- Dark grey trousers, skirt, tights
- The school will provide sweatshirts in the school colours and with the school name and logo. These can be purchased from reception during the school day at a cost of £8.60 or £10.40 depending on the size
- Black shoes or black trainers without any bright colours or logos
- Trousers or skirts should not be excessively long and baggy; skin tight jeans, cords, tracksuit bottoms or cargo/combat trousers are not appropriate school wear. Skirts should not be too short ie. no shorter than approximately 8cms above the knee.
- Hair – no extremes of hairstyle please. The school will respect genuine cultural and religious needs
- For PE and Games your child will need a plain white T-shirt, black shorts and a pair of plimsolls or lightweight trainers.
We highly recommend that your child’s name is clearly marked on all his/her clothes as this helps considerably when articles of clothing are misplaced or left behind in school.